Pattern Blocks and Boards Set by Melissa & Doug helps teach matching, color recognition, geometric shapes, and problem solving; encourages creativity and independent learning. Includes 120 solid-wood shapes and 5 double-sided panels. Ages 3+
- Create a linear pattern using the blocks and ask the child to replicate the pattern.
- Ask the child to sort the pattern blocks by color - count the number of pieces of each color - name each geometric shape.
- Ask the child to combine two or more blocks to replicate another shape.
- Ask the child to find seven different ways to replicate the hexagon.
- Trace the outline of one or two of the simpler images on a piece of paper.
- Ask the child to place the pattern blocks on a flat surface and create a unique geometric design